On a reader’s request, here are some last-minute tips for writing your English II paper:
* Make sure to stick to the topic and answer only what has been asked in the question. Do not write the summary of the chapter/poem/act or points which are not at all required.
* While attempting the essay-type question, do not write the summary of the chapter/poem. Make sure your answer is detailed and do not hesitate to write even a small point that you feel is relevant to the question asked. Your essay-type question should be approximately 3 to 4 pages long. Although I stress on the fact that quantity does not matter, while writing this answer you should have a minimum word limit that fits 3 pages.
* If you have been asked whether or not you agree with a given statement, make sure you write ‘yes’ or ‘no’, ex. the question is “Do you agree with the author that…?” and your answer should include, “Yes, I agree that…” or “No, I do not agree that…”. You may elaborate further after stating your agreement/disagreement.
* Write in a paragraph style form. Do not write in points in your English II paper.
* Make sure your handwriting is legible.😀
* Leave a few lines before and after every answer so that you have space to fit in additional points in case you leave anything out and remember to write them later.
* Names of authors and/or poets are generally not asked, but it will help you to mention the name while writing your answers, ex. “If by Rudyard Kipling is an enlightening poem that…”
* Start a new answer on a new page. Do not worry about wasting paper. It helps your paper look neat. However, there is no need to leave a whole page blank if you have merely used the first couple lines, but then again, there’s no reason why you can’t!
These are some tips I feel can prove helpful. Keep visiting for more such tips for your upcoming exams!🙂
This work by Helpline for ICSE Students (Class X – Class 10) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.