When others need a helping hand, why not extend ours?
The worst earthquake to hit Nepal in 80 years, the quake on Saturday morning has left Nepal devastated. Aftershocks are continuing to hit the region. The US Geological Survey has rated the magnitude of the quake as 7.9 on the Richter Scale. Over 4,000 persons have been killed. There is a huge amount of destruction to property, many of which are historical sites in Kathmandu and several other places in Nepal.
Several organisations, local and international, have started work to offer relief to the survivors of the earthquake.
Each one of us can contribute to the relief effort by donating cash (and/or materials in some cases) to these organisations.
Donations can be made to (or through) the following organisations:
1. Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (India): https://pmnrf.gov.in/
2. Red Cross Nepal: https://www.ammado.com/community/154728
3. World Vision: http://www.worldvision.org/about-us/who-we-are
4. Global Giving: http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/nepal-earthquake-relief-fund/
5. Doctors Without Borders (Medecins Sans Frontieres): https://donate.doctorswithoutborders.org/onetime-mobile.cfm?source=AUU0000MMDE6
View original post 71 more words